User Experience | STUDENTS
Students Take an Active Part in Their Success
When students begin working in Reading Plus, their experience with reading changes almost immediately. By placing students in the driver’s seat, Reading Plus motivates all students to take an active part in their success. Through personalized practice and adaptive instruction, students gain independence in the classroom as they explore content that motivates them.
Student Choice, Control, and Accountability
The Reading Plus experience is personalized to each student’s interests and academic strengths—and builds cross-curricular content area knowledge.
Motivate Students with Engaging, Relevant Content
Each selection in the extensive Reading Plus library has been specifically crafted to support your students' journey toward self-discovery.
- Engaging student-suggested topics not only reinforce classroom ELA learning objectives, but also provide "mirrors and windows" that allow students to relate to shared experiences and discover the world around them.
- Critical grade-appropriate academic vocabulary is seamlessly incorporated into every text, providing students with the extensive practice they need to master the words they need to know to deeply understand complex texts.
- Leveled, age-appropriate texts provide students with choice, flexibility, and the opportunity to engage with literature that interests them and keeps them motivated.
- Students’ cross-disciplinary experience includes science, social studies, literature, culture, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics.
- Reading Plus texts are measured for text complexity using a research-based approach that emphasizes vocabulary, not sentence length, as the driving factor in text leveling.