Visagraph® | SUPPORT
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I receiving an error when I go to log into my Visagraph account?
If you are seeing the following error, this usually means that you have entered an incorrect username and password.
If you are seeing the following error, this usually means the application is unable to connect to the Internet. Please check your Internet connection to ensure it is working and retry the application.
If you see the error below, it means that the date and time on the computer is not correct. Once adjusted back to the proper date and time, the program will begin working normally.
com.taylor.apps.visagraph.desktoppapp.VisagraphException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.certCertPathValidatorException…”
If you are seeing the error below, it means a setting on the computer or network you are using has blocked the application from running. Please check your network and computer settings. Once an exception has been added or the setting blocking the app has been turned off, the program will begin working normally.
com.taylor.apps.visagraph.desktopapp.VisagraphException: java.net.SocketException: Permission Denied: connect
If you are seeing the following error, this usually means that your computer lost its Internet Connection while the program was trying to load. Please check your Internet connection to ensure it is working, then retry the application.
com.taylor.apps.visagraph.desktopapp.VisagraphException: org.apache.http.connHttpHostConnectException: Connect to visagraph.readingplus.com:443 [visagraph.readingplus.com/18.104.22.168] failed: Connection timed out: connect
Where do I go to download the Visagraph Application and Driver?
You can download the latest Visagraph Application and Driver from our Visagraph Support Downloads page.
What are the technical requirements for Visagraph?
Visagraph® technical specifications, including operating systems, processors, memory, browsers, screen resolution, and networks, from our Visagraph Support Downloads page.
Where can I get a copy of the installation manual for Visagraph?
You can download a copy of the Visagraph Installation manual from our Visagraph Support Downloads page.
Why am I seeing a “Hardware Not Detected” error message?
The “Hardware Not Detected” message appears when your computer is unable to detect the Visagraph® hardware. To troubleshoot this error, unplug the USB cord from the back of the Visagraph® box and then plug it in again. Your computer should prompt you to install new hardware. If you are not prompted to install the new hardware, plug Visagraph® into a different USB port on your computer. If your computer still cannot detect the hardware, you will need to reinstall the Visagraph® driver.
To reinstall the Visagraph® driver:
- Check your computer to see if the driver is installed by accessing the Control Panel.
- Click “Programs and Features”.
If you don’t have the latest Visagraph® driver, you can download it from our Visagraph Support Downloads page.
- Click on the Visagraph® driver 207 link.
- Double Click on the file DriverInstall.exe.
The Setup Wizard will walk you through the directions to install the driver software.
Why don't I see any recording lines during my recording?
If you are doing a Visagraph recording and no lines appear, this may be an issue with the Visagraph driver. Either the Visagraph® driver is not properly installed or the driver is not being recognized by your computer.
To check if the driver is installed on your computer:
- Access your Control Panel.
- Click “Programs and Features”.
- If you see “Visagraph Driver Files Version 2.0.7” and/or “Windows Driver Package – Taylor Associates/Communications, Inc. (ezusb) USB (01/28/2010 22.214.171.124) in the list, select it, then right click and click Remove or Uninstall.
Follow the steps below to re-install the driver:
If you don’t have the latest Visagraph® driver you can download it from our Visagraph Support Downloads page.
- Double Click the file DriverInstall.exe.
- A Setup Wizard will walk you through the directions to install the driver software.
Why do I see one or two straight lines during my recording?
One straight line in the recording:
One straight line in the recording is usually related to a hardware failure in the Visagraph® goggles.
To determine if the hardware has failed, please conduct the following test:
- Hold the goggles in your hand and begin a recording.
- Simulate the reading test by slowly moving your finger from left to right over the goggle eyes (where the subject’s eyes would normally be).
- If only one goggle eye detects movement, then a component of the goggles’ hardware has failed. You will need to send the Visagraph® goggles to us for repair.
- If both goggle eyes detect movement, try making additional adjustments to the IPDs and ensure that the goggles are placed properly on the subject’s face.
- Please contact our Customer Service team for repair information or for additional assistance if this issue persists.
Two straight lines in the recording:
This is usually a power source issue with Visagraph®.
You need to verify that the Visagraph® power source is working.
- Does your Visagraph® box have labeled lights? If so, please verify that the A/C light is on. If the A/C light is not on, then your box is not receiving enough power.
- Double check that the A/C adapter is plugged securely and tightly into the Visagraph® box and into the outlet or power source.
- Is your power source functioning? Try plugging the adapter into a different source?
Please contact our Customer Service team for repair information or for additional assistance if this issue persists.
Why am I seeing a “Poor Recording-Data Drop Detected” error message during my recording?
This “Data Drop” error message may indicate that your computer does not have the required hardware and/or software to run Visagraph®.
The “Data Drop” error message also appears if a subject (student or client) exceeds the maximum time allotted by the application to complete a recording. If a subject needs more time, he or she is likely reading a test booklet selection that is too difficult.
If the “Data Drop” error message appears before the maximum recording time has elapsed, please contact the Reading Plus Customer Service team to have a representative to troubleshoot and verify if your workstation has the minimum requirements to run Visagraph®.
Why am I seeing a “Poor Recording-not Enough Lines Found” error message while recording?
This “Poor Recording” error message indicates that the recording is not able to capture enough lines from the text to accurately analyze the data.
- Ensure that you are running the latest version of the Visagraph® application ( 126.96.36.199) and that you follow the instructions within the error message. Although you are given the option to save the recording, it is recommended that you repeat this recording.
- Before you re-record, review the following tips.
Quick Tips for Quality Recordings:
For All Subjects
- Center the white IPD lines over the subject’s pupils (see below for important information about subjects who wear glasses).
- Goggle openings should be parallel to the subject’s face (equidistant from each eye) and not angled.
- The square, black sensors on the goggle interior should be level with the subject’s pupils.
- Ensure that the subject is holding the booklet approximately 12 – 18 inches away from his or her face.
- Ensure that the subject is holding the booklet parallel to his or her face.
- Ensure that the subject and booklet remain stationary during the recording.
For Subjects Who Wear Glasses
- Glasses should sit all the way up on the subject’s nose.
- Ensure that the glasses and goggle for each eye are parallel to the face (equidistant from each eye) and not angled.
- Set the white IPD lines on the sliders toward the outside or inside of the pupils to compensate for the refraction of the lenses.
- If you experience a failure to record, it may be the result of the glasses’ frame blocking the Visagraph® sensors. Readjust glasses and goggles on the face.
- If neither of the tracing lines is graphing movements, launch a Visagraph® recording and instruct the subject to continuously look to the left and right. As the subject moves his or her eyes, adjust the IPDs and/or placement of goggles until the two tracing lines are graphing all movements. Cancel and discard this recording.
- Coach the subject to read every line and begin reading after the red and blue trace lines appear on the screen.
If you are still unable to secure a Visagraph® recording with a sufficient number of lines to analyze, please contact the Reading Plus Customer Service team to have a representative troubleshoot and upgrade your application and, if necessary, check your Visagraph® recording quality.
My recordings are not saving or data analysis seems incorrect. What can I do?
These problems are likely related to an issue with either your power source or the lighting in the room where you are testing your subject.
Troubleshoot and isolate the cause by performing the following:
- If you are using a laptop, disconnect the power supply and conduct a Visagraph® recording. Does this make a difference in the recording?
- If you are using a PC, move the A/C adapter to a different outlet or power strip and do a recording. Does this make a difference in the recording?
- The artificial or natural light in a room may occasionally impact the quality of the recording. Try to adjust the light, adjust the subject’s position relative to the light source, or try testing in another room.
- If you are still unable to isolate the cause of this problem, , try running Visagraph® on a different computer and record in a different environment, if possible.
If you are unable to resolve this issue, please contact the Reading Plus Customer Service team for additional assistance.
Why was the stand-alone Visagraph application discontinued?
In short, the Standalone Visagraph program no longer meets Reading Plus’s standard of quality.
Our goal is to assist you in transitioning to the latest version of the Visagraph Software. With this change you will benefit from 24/7 access to your data from any PC or Apple based computer, a more stable platform to run the program, as well as free data backup on our secured servers, protecting your recordings against viruses, ransomware, malware, etc. Our newest version allows you to transfer all of your existing recordings, and no longer requires the use of Java to operate.
Our Visagraph experts are here to help you transition to your new online account quickly and easily. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can set up your online appointment. During your scheduled time, our expert will create an online Visagraph account, upload your existing recordings, and install the necessary software to run the updated program.