Free Teaching Resources for Teachers and Parents
Our printable skill-building packages help develop reading comprehension in essential comprehension skills, which include close reading, main idea and themes, interaction of ideas, use of language, structure, point of view, imaging scaffolds, reasoning and rhetoric, and comparative reading.
Each comprehension skill-building packages includes:
- Skill Practice Worksheets: Worksheets explain the specific comprehension skill and give examples using real texts. Students have the opportunity to apply the lessons they learned with additional text examples and comprehension questions to further their understanding of the skill.
- Skill-Based Writing Prompts: Writing prompts extend student skill-building offline using any texts students have read, whether in Reading Plus, a novel, or a news article.
- Graphic Organizers: Graphic organizers help students share and process their ideas visually. Choose from skill-based graphic organizers for comparing and contrasting, plot outlining, character analysis, and more.
Complete the form to get instant access to over 200 teaching resources.
We’re Here to Support Your Students
Our hearts go out to all those who have been impacted by the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) across our school communities. Whether you’re using Reading Plus or not, we’re here to help. During this difficult time, it’s more important than ever to have programs you can rely on that enable students to continue learning at home and which respect parents’ time and empower them to support student learning. Nothing can replace a good teacher, but an effective edtech platform can ease the transition to remote learning.
Reading Plus offers:
- Web-based access from a wide range of devices
- Resources for parent engagement
- Educator communication and real-time alerts
- Extensive reporting to maintain accountability
- Easily accessible Customer Service
Support for Current Customers
We have provided our Reading Plus community of educators with information on resources for supporting students remotely:
- Parent letter with login information for students
- Parent portal to support parent engagement
- Educator communication and alerts
- Reporting to monitor assignment completion
- Availability of our Customer Service team
Click here to learn more about support for current customers.