What comes to mind when we think of student success?
High test scores? Grade-level performance? College enrollment? There’s a familiar and important list with familiar and important pressures.
But leading educators have something more in mind. They know success isn’t revealed in a single measure taken in a single moment. It emerges over time as students learn, think, grow, and discover their world and their potential. Students find success as they make the choices that reveal character, integrity, passion, and ultimately lead to a life of meaning and true success.
Reading Plus is pleased to present leading educators sharing their perspectives on student success. We hope you agree that their experience, knowledge, and love for their students give them a pretty good read on student success.
LINDSAY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT LINDSAY, CA
PERFORMANCE-BASED SYSTEM CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION SPECIALIST
FORMER ENGLISH LEARNING FACILITATOR
Part of the team that fundamentally redesigned Lindsay Unified and helped it become a leading model for student achievement
- Education roots in ELL
- Passionate about functional literacy
- Loves Lindsay learners
- Student success? Different for every child
SCHOOL LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
NATIONAL PRINCIPAL OF THE YEAR
FORMER ELEMENTARY, MIDDLE, AND HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
A career of school transformation. Helped her students go from the lowest performing in the district to the highest.
- Believes in the indispensable role of highly effective school leadership
- Literacy in all disciplines is essential
- The school and community connection
- Student success? Helping students see the brilliance inside them
CHIEF RESEARCH OFFICER, READING PLUS
Accomplished researcher with educator roots. From Switzerland classroom, to student empowerment, to online education excellence.
- Motivation: The essential, driving force in student achievement
- Conducting research, preserving magic
- Student success? Finding their reason why